We often use our hands to cover our face when exposed to direct sunlight; however, the skin of our hands need protection from the harmful rays of the sun too! In addition to overexposure to the sun, our hands are regularly in contact with soaps and detergents as part of our daily routine. Furthermore, as we grow older we also tend to lose the fat layer under the skin causing thinning of skin and prominence of veins and tendons in the back of our hands. All these factors combine to make the skin of our hands look older than elsewhere on our body. Let us look at some anti-aging and beautifying strategies for our hands:
- Moisturize: Try to use a thick moisturizing cream after every exposure to washing liquid or any harsh chemicals that can dry out the skin leading to development of wrinkles.
- Sun Protection: Sun exposure causes brown spots along with loss of skin elasticity and thickness. Apply sunscreen to your hands as often as you can, particularly when you know that you are going to be out and about in the sun.
- Dermal Fillers: High density dermal fillers specifically designed for use in the hands work perfectly to replace volume loss because of fat depletion from under the skin. These long-lasting fillers give a youthful feel and look to your hands.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma: Your doctor will isolate platelet-rich plasma from your own blood which will be injected back into specific areas of your hand stimulating the production of collagen and fatty tissue under the skin.
- Microneedling: This remarkable skin rejuvenation procedure involves the use of a microneedling device that triggers the production of collagen and elastin improving the texture and firmness of your skin.
Your hands are involved in almost everything you do. You owe it to yourself to take good care of them. Do visit One Skin Clinic for help with fuller and more youthful-looking hands.